Saturday, July 16, 2005

New York Post Online Edition: IRAQI MONSTER BLOWS UP KIDS
The following photograph accompanied the print, as well as the online, edition -- but it was black-and-white and blown up large. It pierced me.



It's like a "Guernica" to me, I must paint it -- unless someone else more talented (not difficult) does so. I think I'll start with small detailed studies though...

Other photographs as well lately have cut through the 9-11/Beslan numbness I'd been experiencing -- young soldiers with their loved ones before the good-bye, the sorrow of a courageous SEAL's widow, a woman's whose only son simply boarded a doomed train. Got me all inspired, poetic-like...


Anguish2

Some look at me
Humanity
Mostly still (tho' sometimes moving)
In black-and-white
And sometimes color
(Usually it's the shot before, not the picture after

A smiling man
Lean, sharp, strong, tan
Or timid, humble
Aw, thank you, ma'am)

All eyes hold equal promise

The others, the after snaps
Go well with Taps
Or Amazing Grace on bagpipe played
Harder to see the eyes through tears
Both mine and theirs jointly displayed
Their realities
My fears

Was one to know such grief thus shared?
Before the camera were we spared?
And were we better
Or were we worse
In an infinitely larger universe

When more died and less cared

One death is a tragedy
But a million's a statistic
In a heart gone numb from madness done
This is sad yet realistic

But as a single face
Stares from the paper's page
And one feels the anguish
And feels the rage
And Vengeance seems not rough but sage

Where would we be if no one dared

I've wept as a child, I've cried as a wife
I've sobbed as a mother destroyed by the theft of young life
But
one
at
a
time
When for a moment they're mine
And I can no longer be shielded by the brutal impersonality of large numbers

No comments:



Videos

:: Rebel Evolution ::

2005 Liberty Film Festival Short-Doc Nomination: :: Sealed For Your Protection ::

:: Boomerang ::

:: Fort Hood Documentary

Remembering A Massacre
::

:: Sarah Palin Rocks Texas

for Governor Perry
::

:: Texas Starts with T

The Tea Party in 12 Easy Minutes
::



Clips and Interviews

:: Governor Rick Perry:

On the Tea Party Movement, Senator Hutchison, and Debra Medina
::

:: Breitbart's Challenge to New Media:

Destroy Those Who Would Destroy You
::

:: Andrew Breitbart:

Time To Start Returning The Punches of the Bully Media
::

:: Rick Perry / Austin Tea Party

On Secession and "Right Wing Extremism"
::











:: Follow me on Twitter ::



:: Unspun with AnnaZ on BlogTalkRadio ::

:: Unspun podcast on iTunes ::